Lowrance® CHIRP Advantages
Until CHIRP, most fishfinders used a single-frequency signal, considered to be the sonar standard for marking depths as well as fish targets. And, 200 kHz is generally considered a good single-frequency option for shallow- to mid-range depths (to around 300 feet) and 50 kHz is a good option for greater depths. Although Lowrance® sonar is considered to be the best fishfinder in the world; single-frequency operation does have its drawbacks. For example, to increase sensitivity, you increase clutter on the display—both near the surface and in the water column. But, if you reduce sensitivity, you could miss fish targets. Because CHIRP sonar uses multiple frequencies at once, you are able to see fish targets better than ever before. Individual game fish are now more easily identified in or around bait schools, and game fish are more easily seen when holding near structure or the bottom. You also get the clear benefit of a clutter-free display. And, all of these advantages are available whether you’re fishing an inland lake, or off the coast on a deeper saltwater trip.
Lowrance CLARITY Advantages
MULTIPLE CHIRP SETTINGS FROM A SINGLE TRANSDUCER
Because Lowrance® fishfinders give you the option of using more than one CHIRP Sonar signal, it's important to understand which one is right for your fishing situation.
HIGH CHIRP FREQUENCY SELECTION
Most frequently used for freshwater as well as more shallow coastal areas. It provides the greatest detail for tracking smaller objects, like your lure, or identifying game fish from bait fish, as well as game fish that are near structure or on the bottom.
MEDIUM CHIRP FREQUENCY SELECTION
Wide coverage makes this frequency best for covering large areas while searching for structure or fish. However, this option is not as detailed as High CHIRP and will not penetrate as deep as Low CHIRP.
LOW CHIRP FREQUENCY SELECTION
Provides the greatest depth performance, while marking fish targets throughout the entire water column.
Elite CHIRP Sonar Series
The goal was to make CHIRP sonar affordable to all anglers and that is exactly what we are doing with the Elite CHIRP sonar series.
Elite-9 and 9x CHIRP Models
All-NEW, easy-to-use, 9-inch fishfinder/chartplotter combining the benefits of CHIRP Sonar with DownScan Imaging™ for the best possible view below your boat, the Elite-9 CHIRP fishfinder/chartplotter features greater sensitivity, improved target resolution and superior noise rejection for clearer, easy-to-see bait fish and game fish targets – all on a super-bright, LED-backlit widescreen display, built-in GPS antenna and high-definition mapping options. Nav+ models comes pre-packaged with Navionics+ chart card featuring full coastal and inland coverage of the U.S. and Canada, plus the Great Lakes, Alaska, Hawaii and the Bahamas – plus online access to Navionics chart enhancements including Freshest Data, Sonar Charts and Community Edits.
Create your own map from real sonar data that you record with Insight Genesis. Or, select optional map upgrades including Lake Insight™ and Nautic Insight™ PRO and HD, Navionics HotMaps® Premium and Fishing Hotspots® PRO. Global chart upgrade options include Navionics+ and Navionics Nav+ and C-MAP MAX-N.
Quick access page selector menu to all features using one-thumb operation. Multi-Window Display lets you quickly and easily choose from pre-set page layouts — including a three-panel view with chart, CHIRP Sonar and DownScan Imaging™. NMEA 2000® connectivity allows waypoint sharing among networked chartplotters, plus the ability to add an optional temp sensor, Point-1 GPS antenna with heading sensor, as well as a Class-B AIS receiver.
Elite-7 and 7x CHIRP Models
A 7-inch fishfinder/chartplotter that combines CHIRP Sonar with DownScan Imaging™ and Broadband Sounder™ providing greater sensitivity, improved target resolution and superior noise rejection for clearer, easy-to-see bait fish and game fish targets. Built-in GPS antenna. Plus a detailed U.S. map featuring more than 3,000 lakes and rivers and coastal contours to 1,000 feet. Nav+ models comes pre-packaged with Navionics® Nav+ cartography.
Elite-4 and 4x CHIRP and Elite-5 and 5x CHIRP models — easy-to-use fishfinder/chartplotter models that combine CHIRP Sonar with DownScan Imaging™ technology, a super-bright, LED-backlit color display, built-in GPS antenna and high-definition mapping featuring a detailed U.S. map with more than 3,000 lakes and rivers and coastal contours to 1,000 feet. The Elite-4 and -5 CHIRP models include many of the proven features of the Elite-7 and Elite-9 units.
Elite CHIRP Series Features
All Elite models share these innovative fish-finding features .
- Brighter Displays: Maximum visibility and viewing detail in ALL conditions.
- Broadband Sounder™ – Built-in to the new Lowrance HDI Skimmer® transducer design, Broadband Sounder™ technology is ideal for marking fish arches and tracking lure action.
- DownScan Imaging™ (DSI) – Delivers easy-to-understand, picture-like views of structure and bottom detail.
- DownScan Overlay™: combine sonar and imaging views for a full-screen display to identify fish targets near picture-like images of structure.
- Trackback™ Feature: Easily scrollback through sonar history to review and zoom-in for a closer look at bottom structure, baitfish and game fish. Save a waypoint on chartplotter models to quickly find that location again — eliminating the need to circle back and retrace the path.
- Multi-Window Displays – Choose from as many as eight preset page layouts, including up to three panels in split-screen mode to view chart, sonar and DownScan Imaging™ - all on one screen simultaneously.
- Easy Installation: Plug-and-play functionality saves you time and hassles, and works with existing Lowrance blue-connector cables.
- Reliable Navigation that's easy to use - Highly accurate, built-in GPS antenna, plus a detailed U.S. background map, with optional charting upgrades to Navionics® Nav+ and HotMaps® Premium, Fishing Hotspots® PRO as well as Lake Insight and Nautic Insight PRO. Works with high-capacity micro SD cards.
- Insight Genesis™ Lowrance Elite Series Features, Elite-7 HDI– an exclusive online service that allows you to create free customized maps based on your own survey data. Make your own maps using recorded sonar logs. Upload data to Insight Genesis account, view secure custom chart detail online, adjust contour lines, add optional vegetation or bottom-hardness overlays, download to an SD card and use on the water.
- Protected by a one-year limited warranty and the Lowrance Advantage Service program.
Elite CHIRP Sonar Features
CHIRP sonar advantages:
- Easier to identify and distinguish bait and game fish targets
- Better target identification at greater depths
- Mark fish clearly at faster boat speeds
Elite CHIRP Sonar Advantages:
- Multiple CHIRP settings from a single transducer
- CHIRP sonar performance with a greater number of affordable transducers, including the Lowrance HDI Skimmer®
- View multiple CHIRP sonar settings on one display
Elite-5 Ice Machine
Elite-5 CHIRP Gold
Elite-3x All-Season Pack